South Dakota Chislic

A place for recipes -- ideally with lamb or mutton, but whatever.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jwoods
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

South Dakota Chislic

Postby jwoods » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:54 am

One day this past summer my day job had me near Parker, South Dakota. I went to the County fair and tried Chislic for the first time. Anyone care to give this buckeye the background and/or recipe? OBTW: It was pretty good. :D

Joe

Polypays4U
Old Hand

Re: South Dakota Chislic

Postby Polypays4U » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:23 pm

Sounds good
Bill Hardman
Uncompahgre Polypay Farm
Delta, Colorado
The western home of productive Polypays.

Saffronsheepranch
Old Hand

Re: South Dakota Chislic

Postby Saffronsheepranch » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:07 am

We served beef chislic in a restaurant I worked at. The plain standard version is deep fried meat cubes with garlic salt, even the venison version.
Kirsten Wendt
Missouri

Return to “Farmhouse kitchen”